While the mission of the AFR is focused on the preservation of cultural materials, the Health and safety of people is paramount and should be considered during all stages of response and recovery.
- The CDC offers invaluable information about human health and safety during hurricanes, floods, and any number of disasters.
- Heritage Preservation recommends safety precautions for just after a flood.
- The Library of Congress presents preservation steps during a flood, which includes safety.
- The Chicora Foundation provides practical safety steps to be taken in case of flooding.
- A.C.T.S. provides health, safety, industrial hygiene, technical services, and safety publications to the arts, crafts, museums, and theater communities.
- The National Park Service’s Conserve O Gram, Number 21/1, advises on “Health and Safety Hazards arising from floods.”